PERSONAL DATAPersonal Data refers to all personally identifiable information collected and recorded about an individual. We may collect the following Personal Data:
- Personal information: name, gender, nationality, date of birth, and names of your family members, their date of birth, nationality, etc.
- Contact information: address, telephone number, e-mail, address, etc.
- Payment information: credit card details, billing address, and other payment and billing information.
- Loyalty and referral program: details and partner program affiliation, marketing and analytical data.
- Accommodation information: dates of arrival and departure from our hotels, the location of the room, smoking/ non-smoking room, type of room and bed requests, preferred newspaper, etc.
- Feedback: records of your contact with us such as via the phone number, or if you get in touch with us online using our online services, details such as your mobile phone location data, IP address and MAC address, including history of any communications with us, and analysis of your interaction with us, which helps us to customize offers to you and provide information that we think are of interest or relevance to you.
- Technical information: IP address, geographic data, browser and computer system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you, etc.
- Professional information: if you are applying for a position at Ramada Addis, Addis Ababa, in addition to the above-mentioned information we may collect your education, training and employment records.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATAPersonal data may be requested or generated in different circumstances, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Marketing and communication activities: newsletters subscription, loyalty program registration, and participation in promotional offers, surveys, competitions, social media and SMS marketing campaigns.
- Reservations and purchasing activities: room or table reservations, check-in, and check-out, payment, submission of complaints or requests.
- Provided by third parties: information collected through marketing partners, tour operators, online reservation systems, and other third parties, which may include information provided by your travel agent, airline, credit card, and other service providers.
- Internet activities: connection to any Ramada Addis, Addis Ababa site, online reservations, questionnaires, and social media platforms etc.
- Job or internship applications.
PURPOSE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTIONWe use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Performing our customer service obligations: management of reservations and your stay in our properties, catering to your requests, monitoring your use of services (telephone, bar, pay TV etc.).
- Improvement of our services: assessment of our services in hotels, restaurants, and other outlets, improvement the operation of our business, and development of new products and services.
- Personalization of our services and communications: personalize content and tailor our digital customer experience and offerings, understand customers' requirements to develop targeted marketing programs, newsletters, and promotions.
- Recruitment: recruitment of staff or interns for Ramada Addis, Addis Ababa.
- Compliance purposes: fulfill our statutory and fiscal compliance obligations.
RETENTION PERIODWe will define retention period of your Personal Data based on the following criteria:
- Reasonable business needs: for as long as we provide goods and services to you, or managing our relationship with you, managing our operations; and/or
- Reasonable statutory periods: for as long as someone could bring a claim against us or for as long we need to comply with our fiscal and legal obligations; and/or
- Other retention periods in line with legal and regulatory guidance and requirements.
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSINGWe rely on the following legal bases to process your personal data:
- Contractual necessity: all stages and activities relevant to managing services rendered to you, including inquiry, application, administration and management of accounts, reservations, requests, and complaints.
- Our legitimate interests: performance of contracts and support of our business units, affiliates, subsidiaries, member hotel owners, partners, suppliers etc.
- Compliance with legal obligations: compliance with applicable laws, prevention of fraud or money laundering, or defense against legal claims, including those in the area of labor law, social security, and data protection, tax, and other, as the case may be.
- Consent, as permitted by applicable law.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATAWe may share Personal Data with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Ramada Addis, Addis Ababa' (including its affiliated companies) employees: to offer you the best service, we can share your personal data and give access to appropriate person within Wyndham Hotels & Resorts entities for certain specific categories of personal data, including but not limited to hotel staff, reservation staff, IT departments, commercial partners and marketing services, etc.
- Business partners and external service providers: including IT services, marketing services, call centers, banks and credit card issuers, legal services, consultants, and social networking sites.
- Local authorities: should it be required by local legislation or as part of internal Ramada Addis, Addis Ababa investigations, in accordance with legal requirements.
- Countries where our corporate offices are located (e.g. Emirates, China, Singapore, UK and USA);
- Countries in which we manage and operate hotels, residences, and/or sales offices; and
- Countries where our third-party service providers, advisors, and consultants are located, which changes from time to time.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATARamada Addis, Addis Ababa has implemented the necessary technical and organizational measures, in compliance with legal requirements, with the aim of protecting the personal data, ensuring confidentiality in accordance with the principles laid in this policy. Whenever information is requested on credit cards, this communication is made via secure SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) lines, when you are using a browser which allows SSL, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
PERSONAL DATA RIGHTSUnder certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data. To exercise any of the following rights please submit a request to the address indicated below: Where permitted by applicable law, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority.
You may access, correct, add to, update or delete their personal data by contacting us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Such requests will be dealt with as quickly as possible. Please note that we may request a copy of a valid identification document to confirm your identity, before making any changes. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed or receive any other communication from us, please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication. Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues, surveys, or any questions regarding a specific reservation.
Ramada Addis, Addis Ababa
Bole Sub City, Block #14, Woreda #03,
House No 268, Africa Avenue, Addis Ababa
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIESWe use and allows third parties to use essential and non-essential cookies, online tracking tools, web beacons, and similar technologies (collectively, "Cookies") on our website. Cookies are small text files placed on a user's device (computer, mobile phone or tablet) when he or she visits the website. Cookies allow the website to recognize the user's device. We employ cookies to improve site performance and to enhance the user experience. Cookies help us to understand the relevance, usefulness, interest, volume, and frequency of visits to our online content and determine the best way of presenting the information which is truly relevant for our customers. They allow us to understand how a you got to our website (internet search, a recommendation from another site, advertisement, etc.) and how the you navigate through the website's pages. Cookies also enable us to see your preferences, such as the language you use. However, they do not collect any type of Personal Data or any other information which allows a user to be identified individually. Cookies that we use can be stored either permanently or temporarily on your computer, mobile phone or tablet. The permanent cookies to allow it to identify a new visit by the same user, helping Ramada Addis, Addis Ababa understand which new content is relevant to that user. This information is analyzed as a whole in order to improve the content and services provided. The website also uses temporary cookies, which only remain active while the user is on the website. These cookies only allow us to understand how a user navigates between pages and identify opportunities for improvement. All browsers allow users to configure access by cookies or block them. If you wish to block cookies, please consult your browser's help section. For more information on cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org (in English, French, and Spanish). If you want more information about our ad service provider and its cookies, including information about how to opt out of these technologies, you may visit http://optout.aboutads.info In addition, users may prevent Google's collection of data generated by your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing a Browser Plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Our Core Beliefs Regarding User Privacy And Data Protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
Relevant LegislationAlong with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
Personal Information That This Website Collects And Why We Collect ItThis website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
BlogShould you choose to add a comment to any posts that we have published on blog sites, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website's database, along with your computer's IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any of the third party data processors detailed below. Only your name and email address that you supplied will be shown on the public-facing website. Your comments and it's associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either
- remove the comment or
- remove the blog post. Should you wish to have the comment and it's associated personal data deleted, please email us here using the email address that you commented with.